“This is Us” – 1st Quarter
- What it means to be “human”
- Beliefs and values, personal, mental, social, and physical health.
- Human relationships – friends, family, community, and culture.
- Social responsibility & social justice.
“Express Yourself” – 2nd Quarter
- Expressing our ideas.
- Discovering nature.
- Expressing and reflecting our beliefs and values.
- Creating and showing our appreciation for aesthetics.
“How the World Operates” – 3rd Quarter
- Interaction between the natural world, physical, and spiritual world.
- How humans use their understanding of science.
- Impact of science and technology on society and the environment.
- How science and engineering help us understand the world.
“Responsible Earthly Citizens” – 4th Quarter
- Our responsibility to share resources with other people and living things.
- Peace and conflict resolutions.
- How humans impact Earth.
- Our responsibility to the natural world.